What is Bloggers Block you ask, well I equate it to being the exact same thing as Writers Block. I am in the complete midst of it. I haven’t yet run out of Blogging ideas. In fact I have a list about 30-40 ideas long. However, there is nothing sparking my interest at the moment. My mommy mind is full. My mind is full of decisions and worries and possibilities.
I used to write a lot in school for assignments and for fun. I learned during that time that the Best Ever Solution for Writers Block or in this case Bloggers Block is to…….Write. I always hated that advice to be honest with you. I felt as though if I couldn’t think of an idea that sparked my interest how the heck could I possibly write. It’s easy. If you begin to write your stream of consciousness will take over and you will begin to create words on a paper.
Because I don’t have a central theme to this post besides “Write if you are struck with Bloggers Block”; I thought it would be great to write a little bit about what my intentions are with this blog. My blogging journey began on January 30th (my official 1st post publish date). I later learned that many bloggers create several posts before they publish a single one. That was my 1st rookie move!
My 2nd rookie move was thinking I needed to post often in order to gain interest in my blog. Instead I realized very quickly that I was creating a bad situation for myself. I had created another job; instead of allowing my blog to be the fun outlet that it was supposed to be. So only 3 full months in I am already rethinking my posting schedule. Instead of having to create content twice a week and publicize every day in-between I am going to return to posting once a week on Mondays which is how this blog started out.
This will allow me to do a few things:
- Post useful, helpful content for my readers.
- Not stress and view my blog as a second job. The more enjoyable it is for me to create the more enjoyable it will be for my readers to consume.
- Allow more time to spend on publicizing my posts. This is the area of blogging I was not familiar with until I was a couple of months in. Blogging seems to be 50/50. 50% is the content you produce and 50% is all about social media.
- Learn how to truly monetize my blog. My intentions from the beginning of creating the Organizing Motherhood blog have been very transparent. I am hoping to bring in extra income so that when my daughter is ready to begin school in 3 years we can move into a good school district.
- Learn how to interact more purposefully on Social Media. I have noticed that the most successful bloggers focus great efforts on Social Media. They don’t just post on Facebook and Instagram when they have a new blog post published (which is what I have been doing). But instead they post often on Social Media to maintain a presence with their followers, and really bond on a deeper level.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no additional cost to you I may receive a small commission if you purchase an item using my links. I however will only recommend items that I have in fact used and love.
So here we are my stream of consciousness was able to take over and I was able to write even though I had a major case of Bloggers Block. I am so thankful that I was able to start this blog. I am even more thankful that I used the Building a Framework (The Ultimate Blogging Handbook) by Just a Girl and Her Blog to really assist me with creating what you see today. It was a huge help when I was getting started. In reality it is a huge help even a few months later.
Blogging is not easy, but it is extremely rewarding. Just in the last 3 full months of blogging I have gained friendships with other bloggers that will probably last a lifetime. For that alone everything has been worth it. Even though my revenue to date has been just shy of $350, that is amazing and I am proud of every penny earned. I hope to continue on this journey and see where it can take me. Remember if you are experiencing the dreaded Blogger Block, do yourself a favor, just begin to write. You never know what your consciousness will create!
Until next time!!!