I was so honored and humbled when I checked my comments this morning. I have been nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award from a fellow mommy blogger! Thank you so much Taylor from Simple Living Nursing Mama for nominating me! She has an awesome blog that I have been glued to all day! Taylor is a wife, mother, nurse and new blogger! Her Simple Living and Motherhood post is one of my favorites, because it ends in the most poignant way – Choose Joy! It just instantly made me happy and overcome with emotion, because us busy mom’s sometimes forget how to just be happy and slow down.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
It is an award that is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers that appreciate all the hard work and effort that you put into your blog! We all know how hard it is, and it is a good way that we can support each other. It is also a great way of networking by finding new blogs and also finding new readers for your blog!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how you started your blog.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know that you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I Started My Blog
After my first baby Morgan was born I realized that being a mom is incredibly hard. There are endless nights where the only thing that kept me sane was reading blogs. I instantly fell in love with not only the blogs I was discovering but the community of millennial mom’s out there that were openly sharing and learning from each others experiences. I knew that I too wanted to share my story and that is when Organizing Motherhood started.
After researching how to create a blog, the monetization side of blogging really hooked me. This was a way for me to bring in additional income for my family so that one day we can move to a safer neighborhood. Ever since I started Organizing Motherhood in February of this year I have met so many amazing ladies and I am so incredibly happy that I get to pass this award on to them!
My 2 Pieces of Advice
- Jump in the water, it’s perfect! Don’t be nervous to start a blog. Yes there might be hundreds of other blogs with your niche, but there is only one you. You offer a unique perspective on every single experience. Before I launched my blog I was nervous how people would perceive me and if anyone would actually care about what I was saying. Then low and behold I started to gain followers and loyal readers. It’s a wild, fun and amazing adventure – Go For It!
- Blogging is really hard! It turns into a job rather quickly. You need to market yourself, create a brand, create content, take pictures, learn basic HTML, on and on. But it quickly pays off in terms of new skills that you are able to master!
- Natalia The Current Essential
- Meg Gingy Love
- Jenna Espresso Ever After
- Natalie Babies and Backbends
- Arushi The Snazzy Mom Blog
- Sakshi The Uptown Mommy
- Margate Beach Walk Muse
- Delia Punk to Pacifiers
- Lorelai Life With Lorelai
- Falak This Mama Reviews
- Jenn Make A Mom Smile
- Kate Homebound But Hopeful
- Shelly Why Not Lifestyle
- Jaclyn Moma Thrift
- Kaity With Kids and Coffee
Your blogs are all awesome!
Please post the link to your post in my comments once you finish them so that I can read how you started your blogs & your advice!