Today, March 20th is the official first day of Spring! I absolutely love Spring. Both the weather and the flowers are amazing, but I especially love Spring because it’s the only season that’s associated with cleaning! I know what you are all thinking, “that’s a terrible reason to love Spring.” But I absolutely love cleaning (I’ll clarify that one later). I have a whole series of posts that I will be doing during the Spring months revolving around cleaning, organizing and decluttering. Today’s post is about 5 of the Best Spring Cleaning Items Moms Must Have!
My cleaning routine has changed quite a bit since I became a mom. For instance I no longer have much time to clean at all. Instead of the deep cleans that I used to enjoy it’s now all about a quick fix. I haven’t had time to scrub the grout the same way that I used to with a toothbrush but I have had time to make sure that things around the house remain sanitary. Good enough right.
Earlier in the post just a few sentences ago in fact I proclaimed that I loved cleaning. I actually have a love/hate relationship with cleaning. I absolutely love it when the house is clean. But I absolutely hate making it clean. Cleaning is hard! It takes time and patience and willingness. I find that on the days that I convince myself to clean I always mysteriously find something else to do. Or I suddenly get very hungry, or I need to go buy something (most likely something that will assist with my cleaning).
Along the way I discovered that there were only 4 items that I truly rely on to make my spring cleaning and everyday cleaning more of a joy instead of a chore. I included one bonus item which I fell in love with after another mommy friend received it as a gift for her baby girl. The items I will be listing below make cleaning easier for me as a mom. Who doesn’t like easier.
Now I must also let you in on a secret of mine before I proceed. Because I’m not inherently a lover of cleaning I have devised a technique that works for me but might be very odd for some people. I physically close the door to a room, not letting myself escape until that room is clean. Although it sounds a bit harsh it totally works for me. It makes me faster and more determined. And as I mentioned in previous posts it gives me a challenge. I love challenges! It’s my own personal escape room. I can’t escape until the job is done.
Without further silliness here is my list of 5 Spring Cleaning Mommy Must Haves and why I love them.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no additional cost to you I may receive a small commission if you purchase an item using my links. I however will only recommend items that I have in fact used and love.
- The Dyson is powerful, lightweight and compact.
- I like that I am able to take it with me from room to room while carrying the rest of my cleaning supplies.
- It was engineered with parents (and pet parents) in mind, it includes a wide nozzle tool for cribs and upholstery.
- It’s 2 cyclone technology captures microscopic dust and allergens.
- It has a hygienic one touch button emptying bin (no more messy/wasteful vacuum bags).
- It extends! I’m rather tall (5’11”) most brooms are too short for me adding to my lower back pain.
- The dustpan locks in an open position for easy emptying and features teeth to comb out dirt, dust and hair from the brooms bristles.
- The dustpan stands up by itself making it super convenient when sweeping, no more bending down to pick up the dustpan.
- It’s lightweight and compact.
- Both the broom and the dustpan snap together for easy storage and can be stored standing upright without having to lean it against anything.
Number 3: Commercial Deluxe Cleaning Caddy
- So simple, durable and lightweight.
- It holds up to eight 32-ounce bottles and other cleaning supplies.
- I am able to store my go-to cleaning supplies and take them with me room to room without any hassle at all.
- You can store your cleaning supplies in the caddy or fill it up with your favorite items when you need to use it.
- It’s fun! Makes cleaning a bit more enjoyable because you feel so organized and prepared.
- Cleaners can be toxic and harmful to babies and pets, that’s why I love Seventh Generation All-Purpose Natural Cleaner, it can be used in every room of the house from the kitchen to the bathroom.
- It is biodegradable, septic safe, and a USDA Certified Biobased product.
- Seventh Generation products don’t have any harsh chemicals, Petroleum based solvents, Glycol ethers, Phosphates, Acids, Caustics, Dyes or Fragrances.
- I can feel good about cleaning the surfaces in my house without having to worry about Morgan being harmed when she sticks her mouth on everything.
- The best part is these products actually work and they work extremely well!
- I am in love with this little toy cleaning bundle! I can’t wait for Morgan to start helping me clean with it.
- Morgan loves to place all her toys in bins, wipe surfaces with a paper towels and now she will be able to sweep the floors and probably scare the cats with this cute set!
- Melissa & Doug toys are made with sturdy wooden construction that makes them very durable and kid safe.
- These items promote fine/gross motor skills and encourages imaginative play.
- If you don’t have a ton of storage space you can buy the broom set and the caddy set individually!
I hope you enjoyed reading about 5 Of the Best Spring Cleaning Items Moms Must Have. Now I’m off to clean! Oh wait… I just remembered Spring lasts until Tuesday June 20th, so I have a bit more time to procrastinate!!!